I've just sent an email to the pro-tem team for YJ alumni, one with a pretty frustrated tone (according to my fren). However, i couldn't help it. On one hand i cannot expect everyone to put this as anywhere near a priority, on the other, i can't do this alone. I tot that since we have all pledged our commitment, we shld at least see it through. To establish a functioning ex-co and that's it. But here i am, having problem organising meetings with full attendance of the pro-tem, and getting response from them for event details or suggestions. As much as i try to make things easy for them by emailing them to inform and get feedback, their indifference makes it difficult for progress. How can i expect the greater mass of the members to respond, when the core group cannot get its act together? I really wonder if i should go on or to just f*ck it.
My own friends from YJ are not supportive of the alumni either. I've met up with a couple of friends for movie a few days back, the little time i was with them, i spent it trying to convince them to come back for the tea. I'm beginning to feel like i'm selling the alumni like MLM, trying to make them buy by harassing them. The closest friends i had, or so i thought, i had problem calling them to support me. Personally, i don't want them to think that i'm just looking for them when i have some agenda. I guess i'll have to attribute this to my absence from the group throughout my first year. No excuse. Most of them just took it as i've left the group because of my boyfriend and only looking for them when i break up. I can't blame them for feeling that way thou because it appears so. But i guess when i try to get them together, there isn't much to talk to them about except listen to their army stories. I don't blame them because their lives are just about army right now. However, it is difficult to organise a gathering when most of us are busy with our own lives.
I sometimes question my passion for the alumni.
I spent my most hardworking days in Yj, to be frank, the only thing i learnt is academic things (and largely not from the teachers). But i've learnt about life, really grew up in YJ. I've learnt that sometimes when life takes a nasty turn, it may be for the better. A place where i hated the system and learnt to live with it. A place where i got into trouble with the system but managed to survive it. A place where i've proved my worth to myself. I hate the school, used to.
That is why i want to change it.
Damn
No comments:
Post a Comment