Saturday, March 08, 2014
The Beginning
Hello my precious little angel, we finally met. Seems like I've known you forever.
The way we met is the most exciting... There was a chance that either or both of us might not have made it. Yet, with all the help we've got, both of us survived. Thank you for being a strong baby, as you have been since conception. I have faith that you will have that spirit in you throughout your life.
The past week of being together with you didn't leave me much time for reflection. The days revolved around feeding you and resting, eating well - back to the basics. At times, it might have been trying... fortunately, we have help at home to look after you in the meanwhile, while I recuperate.
This point onwards - your daily needs will be our responsibilities, life is no longer just about being responsible for myself. Life will no longer be logical, rational - there is no reasoning with a baby, but instincts of a mother shall steer me in the unknown seas.
A little apprehensive, at the same time, looking forward to spend the next 4 months with you. I believe it will get trying, yet there will be a lot of joy to look forward to. As with our journey through the pregnancy, we will savour every moment spent with you at every stage of your life, not for a second wish that you are growing up at a faster rate or wish you were someone else.
Watching you feed at this point in time, makes me explode with happiness :) Even when I am very very tired and cranky because it is the only thing I am currently doing for you. Being a forgetful person, I've done everything to record the moment... But I know it will always be different reviewing the pictures and videos from the actual first hand experience. and I hope, every step of the way, I can enjoy the journey as I do now.
Be like water, flow with the situation.
Love,
WR
14:40
8 March 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment