Actually i got a number of things to blog about, since i haven been blogging for some time. LOL Dun blame me, blame my exams.
Had the Alumni Tea on 26th Nov. I thought it went pretty well for first timers, for starters. Other than the VP telling the members how much money the sch plans to make frm the 20th Anniversary events, i would say things went like we planned.
Actually i couldn't believe it when VP was talking about the amount of donations they hope to get from the Alumni. Not to mention that she was the first to present. Using the same blunt way and telling us that the college only wants money from us like last year, i really wonder why am i doing this.
Tried as i might during my presentation, our presentation, i guess we had lost some of them. On top of that, many did not come wanting to help i guess. Most came for the friends, the teachers.
It is going to be a long and difficult journey...
I guess what YJ students lack is confidence to speak up, like most of the Singaporeans. Or they just cant be bothered. I'd rather the former, at least that is something i can help. People who are indifferent, will remain so. In some aspects of my life, perhaps i should be the last person to criticise about these people. Still, i have to say it. Guess some people lose grip in their life, others neva find it. I really wonder what are they living for? Without dreams, without anything that they are willing to work hard for, without something that they really want, without a belief in life.
I don't know, how do you teach awareness? How do you teach someone to learn how to observe? observe others, observe themselves. Knowing who they are, their principles in life, what do they want.
Met up with a friend from JC yesterday. He changed a lot. No longer the loud mouth that he used to be. I believe he is someone who knows what he want, and he is going out for it. He is trying to better himself. From his mannerism and what he speaks of, i can sense that he went through alot. Became more matured than most of our classmates have. Being one of the students that he has praised, i'm glad this friend of mine has proven him right. More than that, i'm happy for him.
I've heard other guys say 'i think i've matured alot from this. I wont look at life the same angle again.' Then later, he say that 'i would have joined, if there were any pretty girls in the club.' Then you wonder what may his definition of maturity be...
Sian.
-wr-
No comments:
Post a Comment