
It is official, my allergy to Lux-shower cream. (No, not my dropping out of law school, at least not yet...) As soon as i applied it, my left hand started itching. I wonder why medication doesn't act as half as fast?
Anyway, i saw a movie today! Big news, because i haven seen a movie since ... when? i can't rem. Starring Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Cosner - Rumour has it. I particularly like the following conversation.
"I know this isn't the kind of things parents tell their children, but the day your mother came back, we conceived you."
"But you know, dad, i'm so different. I never liked tennis, i drive like a mad person and you drive so slowly!"
"I drive slowly only because you are in the car."
erm, i think at this time i have to explain, Nope, Kevin Cosner did not act as Jennifer's dad... But that's not the point of the conversation...
The conversation, filled with so much love, unconditioned love from a parent to a child. This love, it is without any strings attached, from deep within. So much of it that he has changed his character, his style, because he is afraid that something bad might chance upon his precious girl. This, is the love of a parent, this, is pure love.
Nothing in the world can compare to this, absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if your parents are chinese, american, english, malay, educated, less educated - they love you the best way they know how...
As bad as you get it outside, you come home and bask in the warmth of their love.
I did something wrong today. I couldn't understand my readings and fell asleep, only waking up when my parents came home in the afternoon. Really bothered by the lack of time and patience, i lost my temper with my mom when she asked me if i was alright. She walked out without a frown and i know she was sad, but she completely understands me. She din flew into a rage and complain why are we always venting our frustration at her. She doesn't come home in the middle of the night and start throwing things around, justifying it by saying 'you guys do it too, why cant i?'. She'll never think about how much we love her but always and will never stop loving us... she always talks about the possibility of leaving once we are independent...
I always wonder why some people value their romantic love more than the love of their parents... Are they even comparable? I don't think i'll ever find a man who can love me like she does, other than my dad, of cos...
With Love,
WR
No comments:
Post a Comment