Monday, July 01, 2013

Close of another chapter

Another chapter has ended today. Finally said goodbye to my work place for 3 years and 2 months. Not a long time, not too short either. The departure can accurately be described as bitter-sweet-and-spicy.. Bitter because there was a bigger push factor to leave than there was a pull factor; the sweetness of my co-workers, superiors, admin, friends and their support/love throughout the difficult times; spicy as even on the last day, we had to clash. Events leading up to the departure left me suspicious of my professional abilities. It is very challenging to reassure yourself that you are doing alright when your superior constantly reminds you otherwise, whether such opinion is substantiated or not. As with all experiences, I've learnt something out of this episode - it is that if your superior is "on your side", mistakes can be tolerated, otherwise, any small mistake can be made a grave one. This might come across as a cynical view, and it is probably because I am not able to express it properly. And the more important lesson is how stubborn I am... Stubborn and impulsive at times... Lastly, I need to re-evaluate and reflect on my attitude towards my superiors and people I deal with. My interactions with people at work lack intention, the interactions are very instinctive - I am instinctively very friendly with admin staff, very distant from superiors, etc. I need to put more thought into them and challenge my assumptions in my interaction with others at work. All the best to me :) 不经一事,不长一智。

No comments: