Well, as if he saw my entry, called me just now 2 in the morning.
Beat around the bush, talk about some crap, then into The topic.
"Tell me dear, when did you start having a crush on me?"
A lot of the things he said, i am fairly aware. The biggest problem about this is that, knowing all the problems that a possible relationship with him will face very well, I happened to just started feeling something for him.
"if i've met you on a different timeline..." "But if you had seen me in a different timeline, u'd probably not feel the way u do now."
I know he doesn't want someone to go down with him, that this is a relationship probably heading towards disaster. And i'm pretty sure i don't want the kind of relationship he is looking for right now. I'm taking his word for it. there's no point i tell myself that, he is merely saying it to deter me, if i really want it he'll be nice to me. To me he is pretty frank, too frank in fact.
So by telling me how bad it is to go into a relationship with him, he then added that "At the end of the day, you are the one making that choice. But i hope u make a good choice and be happy"
I fail to see how whatever he said left me with a choice. To me, all he was saying was "hey dear, i'm indirectly rejecting you." I don't know, perhaps i'm too cynical...
When they tell me, they want me to be happy, does it mean the rational happy? Like what everyone deems normal = happy? Like i shld find someone promising to fall in love with, who loves me and get married at the end of the road and have a herd of kids? I don't know if i define that as happy. It sounds almost scary to me now HAHAHA. ;P Well, i'd say that if i wanted someone promising, i wouldn't have left my ex.. As for a fulfilling relationship, that's pretty much what he is trying to give me now... So is that an obvious choice?
What i'm trying to say is that, most of the time, my feelings lead me down the wrong road. Not to say that he is very wrong but wrong road as in probably end up disastrous.. Mind says one thing, heart says the other. If i had been rational enough, many things wont have happened. And probably wouldn't have gotten to know them. I can choose to learn from my experiences and walk away from this. I can continue to follow my small little heart and see where it leads me to. I know i'll never go out with someone whom i don't have feelings for, so does that mean i've have to wait till my heart and mind agrees? My gift is that i can see flaw in everyone that my heart fancies, so does that mean that in order to be happy, i'll stay single from now?
Perhaps i'm trying to rationalise my choice, not to say they are very strong arguments, i just think how i feel is very important. Think that's (major) part of being a girl.
The fact that he didn't bring up his fren shows that he doesn't want to make use of someone else as a shield. That's one thing that i failed to do. I like to find excuse so that i can run away from the problem, so that i don't have to face it directly. I think it is time i fight my own battles. It is little things like that that i enjoy hanging around them so much. At the end of the day, they don't judge.
I've met someone with very accomplished lives, great aim in life, full of drive. He is smart, undeniably, he is capable. But he gave up a lot just to stay there, sometimes his integrity. I used to think it was alright, in order to climb up, there are somethings you have to sacrifice, not to say i'll do it thou. But at the end of the day, will i be able to face myself if i do that? He is one person without many frens. The way he handled our relationship is very telling of his personality. He is very afraid of direct conflict, more than anything. He always try to find a way to manage it such that he has a way of 'come-back'. Pretty selfish way of doing things, but i don't blame him. I guess with his background, he has to look after himself more than anything.
They've taught me a lot about life. Before this, i'm simply an idiot when it comes to handling people. Never actually progressed after secondary school. They taught me how to handle rejection. Even when they're mean sometimes when we simply sit there and do 'people-seeing', i know they're actually very sweet guys. So nice that most of the time, they are the ones getting hurt. Behind those crude jokes, i see two sincere, tired, strong souls. If someone else had to go thru what they did, that person might have given up on himself long ago..
"what ever you do, be happy"
Hahahah if i want to be happy now, i'd quit law sch. :D but i think i've gotta look at happy in a broader sense. I always think that if i enjoy myself now and neglect my studies, i'd probably not be able to enjoy as they are when i'm their age. I was told i think too much. Happy, I don't know what will make me happy. But i know what will make me unhappy... many many.
If there's one reason why i shld not go into a relationship with him, it is the thought of hurting him at the end of it. Losing my frens, losing a good fren in him, feeling hurt about it - i guess it doesn't measure up to this.. I don't think i want to put him thru another round of heartbreak. That's probably my main concern.
I don't know if i make sense. I just feel like writing something.. pen them down to take them off my mind. (rather, type them down)
"I want to see you grow up, strong. But i also know that if you're strong girl, u'd probably not see me this way"
Guys, u simply think too lowly of urself and me.
No comments:
Post a Comment